Monday, December 31, 2007

Graduation Day

It may be the last day of 2007 for everyone else, but for me it's Graduation Day. I have reached my initial goal of playing 10,000 hands at the $5 NLHE tables at Party Poker and finishing with a profit. Not only that, I have beaten my expectations beyond any measure that I could have hoped when I started out.

If you'll recall, I allowed myself a miniscule bankroll of only $30.00 and was determined that, unlike the last bankroll, I would not lose the lot. I would have been happy with doubling my money to $60.00, in fact.

Last night when the 10,000th hand had been played and I closed my session, my overall bankroll stood at $142.27, and I was prepared to step up to the $10 NLHE tables. Once again I'll be setting a new list of goals, plus the requisite milestones to keep my focus along the way. After all, it worked so well the first time, I reckon I must be doing something right.

I'll be reporting back when I have completed my initial set of $10 NLHE goals.

3 comments:

Jaklang said...

wow, 10,000th hand. Do you use any tracker ? Which one would you recommend though.

The 80th Minute said...

Hi Damien,

Nice results. I'm kinda trying the same but then on littlewoods. I will start at the 0.03/0.06$ tables.
Curious where I my br will be at the end of the year.

Hoping on an average profit of a $ per day.

Cheers,
Dremeber

Damien said...

Hey Jaklang

I use Poker Tracker which I find very useful for assessing which tables I sit down at. You get a very good idea of the playing styles of your opponents after you've stored a reasonable number of hands in the database. PT is the only software I've used so it's the only one I can recommend.

Good luck Dremeber. I've found that the key to success is to remain patient and not get phased by the inevitable shocking beats from the fish who constantly chase to the river.

Damien